This was way too cute not to share. It's 50 rules dads should follow when raising a daughter. My favorite was #7 - "She will fight with her mother. Choose sides wisely."
I can remember all the times my mother and I got into a fight. We'd be at each other's throats over something we were both passionate about. My dad, wanting to make peace, would try to get involved and diffuse the situation. He learned real quick to just stay out of it, because whenever he got involved, he became the common enemy! Of course, mom and I would be screaming and crying one day, and best friends the next. Go figure....
And now I'm going through this with my own daughter. LOL!
Other rules worth noting (and might give you either a smile or tears):
18. Tell her she’s beautiful. Say it over and over again. Someday an animated movie or “beauty” magazine will try to convince her otherwise.
22. She’s as smart as any boy. Make sure she knows that.
28. She will eagerly await your return home from work in the evenings. Don’t be late.
30. Never miss her birthday. In ten years she won’t remember the present you gave her. She will remember if you weren’t there.
36. Few things in life are more comforting to a crying little girl than her father’s hand. Never forget this.
42. Let her know she can always come home. No matter what.
48. Ice cream covers over a multitude of sins. Know her favorite flavor.